Erasing old router setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Illaparatzo, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Illaparatzo

Illaparatzo Private E-2

Hey~ I recently switched ISPs, and so recieved a new DSL modem (2wire 1701HG). New DSL modem has wireless capabilities, so I went wireless. I used to use a D-link DI-604 router to set up the connection between my two computers and the modem, but since I installed the wireless cards I no longer need the router. However, when I try to configure the new modem's firewall settings so it will allow IRC, BT, etc., it says that the D-link router has control over the specific ports that I want to use and that I have to change them over before I can set anything up. I tried setting the old router up again so I could erase the settings but it didn't want to work. ._.;;;

Does anyone here know how to get rid of the old router setup so I can fix my ne w one up?

Thanks.~

Lydia

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

As long as the other router is not hooked up, that should not make a difference. It sounds possible that the Winsock got screwed up sometime ago.

You do not have both routers hooked up at the same time, do you?

3. Illaparatzo

Illaparatzo Private E-2

Nope, I do not. How would I go about fixing the Winsock?

Thanks~

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

And I take it the DLink is turned off. Make sure that you are going to the right IP address for the 2Wire. Possible that you may be going to a Cached page for the Dlink router.

And possible that there was a Proxy assigned in Internet Explorer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds