Google Maps Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clickk, Aug 20, 2008.

1. clickk

clickk Private E-2

On my cousin's Dell Inspiron 1520, Google Maps does not load. When she clicks on the "Maps" link on the Google main page, everything loads, but the area where there SHOULD be a map, it is all grey. The Google copyright at the bottom right still shows though. She only has and uses IE, and I did not download Firefox to check if it works there, as she's not tech-savvy and would think it is as burden to have to "become accustomed" to a new browser as opposed to fixing the problem on the current one. Anyhow, any suggestions on what I can do? I came across some link on google while searching for solutions which had google map running on it, and the map loaded fine there... It's just that on the main Google Maps page, the map isn't loading. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. clickk

clickk Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try those the next time I'm over at her house. She's currently using Windows Vista, and IE7.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If Vista then may need to run JavaRa as an admin by right clicking its exe and choosing "run as administrator" for it to be effective.

5. BriTer

BriTer Private E-2

Google maps also not working for us. We have tried all the suggestions from Halo.
    Not sure when this started but within the past week.
    No sattelite option, no cardinal points, zoom etc.
    Nothing has changed in our firewall (Sygate), all permissions are in place everywhere.
    We are using IE6 with latest updates, Windows XP updated regularily (up to SP2)
    Had absolutely no problem up untill a week ago.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds