graphicscard

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by robke24, Mar 12, 2007.

1. robke24

robke24 Private E-2

hello,Question..,
    i got a hp rp5000 with a Intel celleron 2Ghz processor on a Intel MS6748 motherboard.it has a onboard graphicscontroller of 64mb,it has 1 agp slot and 1 pci slot.
    i want too put in a ASUS V9480 128mb graphicscard but when i put the card in the AGP slot it does not work.:cry when i boot the pc it says something like "usb card not detected or cable not connected or powercable not connected" (or something like that?!). the graphicscard works on many other Motherboards why not on this one? if someone can help me please let me know something,i'll be thankfull for-ever:D . greetings from the Netherlands
    robke.

sorry for my bad English:eek:

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Hi
    Welcome to Major Geeks :major

Does your graphics card have a molex connector (power) ?
    this will be located on the side of the card that is closest to the front of the case

If it does, you will need to connect one of the spare power leads from the Power Supply Unit (disconnect the power from the wall socket first, just to be on the safe side ;) )

Good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds