Hi Im new

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by icsmile, Feb 17, 2010.

1. icsmile

icsmile Private E-2

Ok Im doing the vista cleaning proceduer and after the combofix did it's thing I cant get my internet connection back. The network diagnostics tell me that:
    "The network adapter "Realteck RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues."
    When I checked it in the device manager it said that adapter was fine but when I checked "Realteck RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) Winpkfilter Miniport" - under Device Status it says: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)."
    In fact all of the adapters (hope thats right name) that end with WinpkFilter Miniport have that code 19 error.
    I have some other issues and 2 log reports but thought I would try this thing first to see how it works::confused

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello icsmile:wave, welcome to MG.. You might want to post in the Hardware thread, and I am sure someone there can get you sorted out. There are a LOT more eyes there, than here. Best of Luck to you.;)

3. icsmile

icsmile Private E-2

Ok I would love to do that if you can tell me where and how... I have seen a couple of pages where there are the buttons/links to post but can't seem to find them again. I am VERY new to doing this and this site it not making a lot of sense to me.:-o

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

OK, here ya go: Just click the button in the upper LEFT corner, that says,
    NEW TOPIC here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22;)

5. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome IC!

Not uncommon to run into problems when doing virus removal.

They'll fix you up!:wave

6. icsmile

icsmile Private E-2

Thanks Brandypeppy :wave, I sure hope so. My son set my computer up, he is pretty much a geek too, but he is hundred of miles away now and VERY busy. So thats why I hope MajorGeeks can help me out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds