Re: JPGs & Bitmaps, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi wondering if its possible to work on JPGs & Bitmaps and the like that have been scanned as an original document and posted on the net, when I mean work on them, is there anyway I can resize them to the size I want i.e. from an oblong to a square and write on them, then print them out as a CD or VCD cover graphic, I just want to save my holidays VCDs with a cover that reflects the holiday, for example time spent in San Fransisco, I wanted a picture of the Golden gate bridge with San Fransisco in the background.

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Ditto/copy what robo said.

IrfanView for resizing; MS Paint for working with bitmaps to add font text.

If you really want to WRITE on these pix when they're the right size and shape, one easy way to do THAT is print a great clean copy on photo paper, then write what you want with a good quality fine-point felt-tip (cheap pens will smear) and PHOTOPCOPY the result on a good quality color copier (Kinko's has 'em for not too much per copy).

And there are better ways, but they're all more work, and not worth it. You're not working on art for the museum: these are CD covers.

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Thankyou I'll download Irfanview and give it a go.

4. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Irfanview is one of the best little programs out there.....

5. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

I personally use cover XP which is a app which automatically puts your pictures etc into the right size for your jewel cases

http://www.coverxp.com/main.asp

ive also got cover designer which does the same thing and was free with my Nero burning software

6. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Would Infranview

conflict with Adobe Photoshop or MGI Photosuite?? I have both and use them regularly, but they are beasts. I'd love to have a more easily used program. TIA

7. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Thanks Robo

I think I'll dowload the program and give it a spin. I've read great things about it at MG...

8. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Re: Nero Burning

Thanks for that I was thinking of buying Nero Burning softaware, so you have just made up my mind for me.

9. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Re: Infranview

Just decided to buy Nero burning, but will still be trying out Infranveiw, thanks to all for the advice.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds