I'm not recieving e-mail notices subscribed threads

Discussion in 'Software' started by Robster12, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

Hey,
    Is it me? I seem to not be recieving e-mail notices SOMETIMES when threads that I post on (or subsribe to) are updated with subsequent posts.

Could it be my mail server at my ISP, or is it a "bug" having to do with the current state of affairs of moving some servers around at MajorGeeks?

Just curious, not panicking or anything...

<gonna reformat the last of July anyway, just because their is more software to be enjoyed>

:) ;) :cool: :p

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

there is an issue with the debian server and email from the board will be sporadic.

3. Robster12

Thank you, Kodo. Now I know its not anything to do with me.
    :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what robster doesn't know is that we've specifically targeted him for "no-mail".
    :p

5. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Now don't pick on the Robster...:D

It's happening with me too buddy, I even tried a different email account to verify it wasn't me ;)

6. Robster12

I saw that!
    I suspected it all along!
    You people are conspiring against me!!!

:D

And mgrist is doing his best to expose me to

PUBLIC HUMILIATION!

:D :D :D http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?p=378696#post378696

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

What alanc doesn't understand is that this clandestine "no mail" operation is larger than he thinks :p

8. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

I've got a wav file of the Twilight Zone theme. Can you set it up so it will play when we logon to the board? :D:D

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

no, but if you play along with me you can whistle the tune when you log in ;)

10. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

That's what I do when I see you in the Lounge ;) :D

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Freaky. I do the same thing when I see me in the lounge.. :p

12. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Which one of you is here today? :p

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

maybe I'm really you and you don't know it. So maybe I'm me and you and we both don't know it. Or maybe you're me and I don't know it... :D

14. Robster12

:eek:

15. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Kodo, you are right as usual. I'm not getting any emails either. Thought it was my PC. Was gonna check out my MG defaults but won't bother now. Bazza

=====

16. Robster12

Oh, don't worry, Lugztaz, that's what
    I'M here for. :)

17. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Maybe I'm really you when you're cashing your paycheck, so don't bother to wonder where all your(my) money went ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds