Free Acronis True Image v8 with registration

Discussion in 'Software' started by plodr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Someone just pointed me to a review of a product I never heard of and it does sound like it is good.
    Shadow Protect Desktop
    review
    Code:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2254491,00.asp
    I use Acronis True Image v8. I don't know how that stacked up but it has worked fine for me.
    A free download and serial number is currently being offered.
    I live in the US and I've managed to register and was emailed a serial number. BUT I've looked all over the site and if there is a place to download version 8, I haven't discovered it yet.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: Acronis True Image 9 or 11?

I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, but the "free" version 8 intrigued me enough to look into it. It would seem that it can take up to 3 days for the download "link" for the free version 8 to be revealed to the registered user. You must register first and then keep checking your email. Sooner or leter you'll get instructions and/or a link. I found this out at lockergnome (link here http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Acronis-True-Image-Personal-Free-ftopict54543.html)
    Thanks for the link. I'm registered and waiting....

3. surefire

surefire Private E-2

Well I purchased version 11. Then I read your post about a free version 8. Darn.

Onward and upward.

4. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

This is what I did and found the download link within minutes of registering....

If you log in at the site using the email you registered with and the password they provided you...click on 'registered products', then click on 'Acronis True Image 8.0 Personal (English)' it expands a box with versions you can upgrade too. Halfway down in the box you'll see 'Download installation file if you lost your copy of the program. (File size: 20.78 MB)' click it and there's your download.:)

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

SWEET!!!
    Have loved Acronis since getting version 7 for free. Will have to give this a whirl FOR SURE.

Thanks for posting it!

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I posted above (and a few weeks ago) that it can take days to get the registration. I went through the whole process and had a fully functional Acronis True Image v8 in less than 15 minutes. It seems that when this offer was first revealed, the Acronis servers were overwhelmed with requests and therefore it took days for some folks to get through the registration. I had read this in some other blogs and forums elsewhere on the web and thought I'd mention it here, just in case someone ran into a delay, they wouldn't be alarmed. But, like I said, when I did it, it took under 15 minutes. :D

Ya gotta love fully functional freeware, ya just gotta!
    :major
    [dlb]

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Re: Acronis True Image 9 or 11 or v2009

My experience with v2009 ain't good. It works sometimes and not others. It is around twice as slow as v11 in backing up and validating backups on my PC. I am corresponding via emails with Acronis at present to try and get it working. Then I will take up the lack of speed issue. :cry

I've uninstalled v2009 and gone back to v11.
    Bazza

===

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds