Divers for ACER power F6 Motherboard EC51GM chipset RS400/RC400/RC410

Discussion in 'Software' started by jeetkunedo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Sm bus controller driver for acer Motherboard EC51GM chipset RS400/RC400/RC410

Hello,
    unable to find or download so it is accepts drivers for sm bus controller,so i abadoned that driver, i am a novice.

Acer Power F6
    Motherboard EC51GM
    chipset RS400/RC400/RC410
    Southbridge Vender ATI
    Mdel SB600
    'Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:The SM Bus controller is the System Management Bus Controller ... and your computer will run better if you find the right drivers for your motherboard .... The SM Bus Contollers usually come as part of the Chipset Drivers you'll need to find the correct chipset of your MoBo and download them then install drivers for the SM Bus controller and aim it at the .ini file that unzipped with the drivers' CANNOT FIND THE DRIVERS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO AIM IT IF FOUND, AT THE INI FILE, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO FIND THAT INI FILE

Please help, i donot want to use paid driver vendors, they can sometimes get it wrong, it is also a waste of money when the possibility of getting it free is plausible.
    Please assist
    Sm bus controller driver, Audio device on high definition audio bus,video controller(vga)compatible are all yellowed out exclamation marks. HELP!

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Thank you for your reply
    the OS is XP SP3,32 bit
    product ver.5.0.117441938
    Thanking you in advance
    Kind regards
    Richard:)

4. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Default Re: Divers for ACER power F6 Motherboard EC51GM chipset RS400/RC400/RC410
    Thank you for your reply
    the OS is XP SP3,32 bit
    product ver.5.0.117441938
    Thanking you in advance
    Kind regards
    Richard

5. tgell

6. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Thankyou Tgell, i'll try it.

7. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Dear tgell,
    i thought is too good to be true,
    link comes back:404 error , link not found,The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    Blast!

8. tgell

9. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Dear tgell, no luck, i have tried id of the audio device on high definition bus suggested by a driver scanner ( which i uninstalled after).This being Realtek 5.10.0.6482 but driver identifier could only locate 5.10.0.6482 which i will try now.I wish that link you sent me worked worked!i am going to try download it to drivers in system32 if it does not work 1st time,so what about that business abiut the ini file i sent first time. Thankyou for all your help.
    Kind Regards
    Richard aka jeetkunedo

10. tgell

Were you able to go to the link in my last post. On that web page is the chipset driver. Were you able to download the zip file? You do have a yellow exclamation mark next to SMBus Controller in Device Manager, correct?

11. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

View attachment Drivers3.doc

View attachment Drivers4.doc
    The exclamation mark is gone and it disappeared from 'other devices' to sound,video and game controllers but it reads as 5.10.0.5565 not 5.10.0.6487! nor 5.10.0.6482! i put it in safe mode and allowed it to read my screen otherwise denied by snoopfree privacy.5.10.0.5565 was downloaded and copied to the desktop then put in safe mode. What should i see feel and hear differently, anything?
    So the sm bus controller and the video controller vga compatible is still yellowed out.I just realised i have posted the request without saying it was a controller(s).
    What was the mention of pointing to the ini file mean and how?
    Could not send snap shot of scree device manager and desk top, 101 kb files exceeds download limit Thank you
    Kind Regards
    Richard aka jeetkunedo

12. tgell

You were able to download the chipset zip file, correct? In that zip file is a folder called SMB. Extract it to the desktop of an admin account. Right click the SMB controller. Select properties and in the Drive Tab, select Update Driver. Then browse to the SMB folder with the inf file. If you were not able to download the zip file, I can attach the driver for the SMB if you need it.

I am not sure what you mean by saying the yellow exclamation mark is gone and then you say that you have a yellow mark next to SMBus Controller.

13. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Dear Tgell,
    Thankyou,until i get the other computer up and running,i am reluctant to unplug the already working sound from that sound card from the ACER computer (not the inbuilt motherboard soundcard (which i am trying to deal with) and input all your instructions as, at the time i did follow them the sound stopped working and i had to look for a restore point to get it up and running after uninstalling the sm etc controllers. Until then may i have...'If you were not able to download the zip file, I can attach the driver for the SMB if you need it'.[i need it] (your thread dated Reply to thread 'Divers for ACER power F6 Motherboard EC51GM chipset RS400/RC400/RC410'
    Monday, 9 April, 2012 19:55) to <snip> aka jeetkunedo at MajorGeeks.I'll try the instructions to see if it works then uninstall it whether or not it works,so i'll set a restore point now....talk soon

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  14. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

:-Dear Tgell,
    Done it. Thankyou you inspired me on the next stage as suicidal tendencies were taking root.Please spread the word fast, get registered <snip>

15. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Tgell i was going to post to someone called 'jordanquila' or 'jardanquila' to see our posts esp the last one.i appear to need at least 50 posts or something like that, could you or a friend do it for her when you get a chance? ie: Drivers for free from cnet. i do not yet know my way around this forum business!! God i'm happy for once! On my next post could you check my steps in cracking this 'davinchi code' and tell me what i should not have done,and why it worked,for the benefit of our collegues in the wilderness i met someone who was willing to help..Kind Regards..

16. tgell

Hello, I believe I am posting some replies to @jordanquilca. I am not sure what you meant by checking your steps in cracking this "davinchi code" though. Were you able to get the SMB bus driver to work? Do you have sound?

17. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

yep,sound on,sorting out updating chipset and vga compaible failed to down.you know that link to free drivers i have lost,please send it to me back,i i am working now need it??
    kind regards

18. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Tgell,please post the links i sent you for cnet directly to me through <snip> our oversight are editing some of our com,don't mind but i need the cnet/freedrivers link
    Thankyou
    Regards

19. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

@jeetkunedo

I have deleted two emails out of your posts. Please do not continue to post them as we do not allow that...not to mention you are setting yourself up for spambots that harvest email address.

I also deleted the links you put in. Please do not link to other download sites.

20. tgell

Before I attach the SMB bus controller driver for you computer please do the following. Right click on the SMB bus controller in Device manager and in the details tab, provide the vendor and device ID as shown. I would not be able to email you the vga driver as that is too big.

[​IMG]

21. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Tgell,thanks,will work on it,since we can't post links,how do i ask you." do you know of free very good" 'corrupted CAB and ZIP archive' REMOVERS? IT'S BEEN COMING UP ON AVAST SCANS FOR SOMETIME,just don't know how to remove them and immunize (suppose really u can't since they can only be traced postmortem),There's go to be something out there,full reinstall will not prevent this from happening again,don't i know it!
    I am so close to having a perfect configuration...
    Kind Regards
    JKD

22. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

"Before I attach the SMB bus controller driver for you computer please do the following. Right click on the SMB bus controller in Device manager and in the details tab, provide the vendor and device ID as shown. I would not be able to email you the vga driver as that is too big".......
    . PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_21821019&REV_13\3&267A616A&0&A0
    Regards
    JKD

23. tgell

You could delete them offline using a linux distro like puppy.

I would first go to the Malware Removal Forum and after doing the steps in this sticky post, attach your logs to determine if you are infected. After finishing there post back here.

Corrupted zip and cab files could be a sign that your file system is corrupted also. You could try doing a chkdsk /f at a command prompt and then see if you can delete the files. Or, right click the drive in my computer, select properties, select the tools tab, and then select error checking. You will be prompted to restart the computer in order for the check to complete.

Edit: I missed your vendor and Device ID post. I will check to see if the SMB driver is correct and if so attach it.

24. tgell

I have attached the SMB chipset driver. Unzip the driver to a folder on your desktop in an admin account. Then Right click the SMB controller in Device Manager and select properties. Under the driver tab select update driver and then browse to the inf file in the folder you unzipped.

Attached Files:

25. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

T,Hi,could you,of course, when you get a chance, chk the zip file you sent me,as when i opened it with free eval*win zip it did not have the driver in it so the attempt of pointing the device to the file had replied as such,when opened there was a smbusati security catalog 8kb and smbusati setup info 2kb.I wonder if it would come with (as in ATI tech)
    installation wizard.All the exclamations are gone but when i open the smbus in device manager,it says:No drivers are installed for this device. Regards..JKD

26. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Dear LauraR, could you direct me to/or send the user compliance rules and unintended/intended breach ....etc /so i can get a hang og this forum stuff,ps do they have cross forum chat rooms or whatever where say,Tom's Hardware forum talks to MajorGeeks forum?Trying to get educated!!!
    Respectfully Yours
    Jeetkunedo

27. tgell

That is a inf file driver. You can update it by doing the following. Uzip the file. It will have a SMBus folder with two files (SMbusati.cat and SMBUSati.inf). Right click the SMB controller with the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager and then in the Driver tab select update driver and follow the wizard. You want to select the SMBUSati.inf file. Do this in an admin account.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030331.htm

28. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Did not work,had a look at the SMBUSati.inf file.and on one line is .....
    [SourceDisksFiles]
    ; Files for disk ATI Technologies Inc Installation Disk #1 (System)
    Disk#1?

29. tgell

Does this link work for you?

30. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Tgell, do you remember when we first began with the chipset? I have been using a free driver updater and if it had updated the chipset to other than the link we began with,instinct tells me that further driver updating based on the chipset would prepropose that the continuity of sorting out the devices was pure , ie one action was based on the previous action and the continuity was not interfered with by a second set of instructions whereby an updater interfered with all your suggestions. What I am suggesting is to return the motherboard to the state, 'other devices' where the 3-4
    yellow exclamation marks are returned and the process begun again without the use of the updater?Using restore point. I'd prefer not to do it but i can't find the details of the chipset installed, Please let me know where it is, so I may check it, because I can't see it on devices manager now.And whether my suggestion about system restore is worthy to begin the process again.
    Regards
    JKD

31. tgell

Sometimes it is not necessary to update the SMBus driver especially if your computer is running okay. How many exclamation marks are left in Device Manger and can you provide the Vendor and Device ID's. If the only driver left is VGA, we can find that one and if it is ATI, it might also fix the Southbridge Problem as some are included in the ATI video package similar to Nvidia.

Sometimes going to a driver scanner causes more problems. If the video driver we try does not solve the problem, then you can try restoring to an earlier time.

32. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Private E-2

Hi,well when i installed the vga thru the free updater i went to the graphics folder on my system and installed it there and in drivers, so the vga was sorted and compatibility set for win2k as winxp was not readily available.It would have run from win95 compat anyway. There are no exclamation marks under other devices and no other devices. However if one goes to device manager/manage and under system devices,motherboard resources (4 instances all the same) no drivers are installed,properties brings up driver provider :microsoft,date:01/07/2001, ver5.1.2600.2180 signed by m.windows component publisher.BUT THERE'S NO DRIVER. run for Chipset_ATI_5.10.1000.6_XPx86 2 and it says it can't find a better one for the one already supposedly installed ie ver5.1.2600.2180.
    So i have the vga, ATI catalyst control centre that came with the vga:Driver Packaging Version 8.273-060718a-035157C-Acer
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6626
    2D Driver File Path System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{927183D2-EEFF-499B-9BD9-2DA4F164C72E}\0000
    Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0419
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.5949
    CATALYST® Control Center Version 1.2.2390.38630
    AIW/VIVO WDM Driver Version 6.14.10.6238
    AIW/VIVO WDM SP Driver Version 6.14.10.6238
    But no ATIbus controller and if you go to it under devices it has no driver installed but remembering there are no longer any exclamation marks for the original problem under other devices, i will have to call nasa.
    Further i have Realtek - real nice like the catalyst control center. I am guessing this Acer was issued 2005-2006, and the audio and ATI catalyst that time also. Recall that i updated automatically from a free 3rd party vendor (can't tell you,admin told me the rules of MajorG) that was good going. But this ATIbus will not even load in safemode following all your instructions.The only exclamations i have is the ethernet section, Avast is missing it's own firewall NDIS Filter miniport,four instances of it, wan and another and 2 more trying to set up on the existing working ethernet cards.one on the motherboard another on a separate installed ethernet card, both working but not as firewalled miniports,Funny they did not come up until we began to exchange problem and solution blog.! You asked for the vender and device Id i sent it to you as PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_21821019&REV_13\3&267A616A&0&A0,
    was this not what you required?
    P.s could you tell me how to read and understand the above PCI.......where can i go to understand it ?
    I will wait for your instructions on what to do now about the ATI SMbus controller.Thanking you in advance....
    Regards
    JKD

33. tgell

I believe what you are saying is that you only have the ATI Smbus driver that is not working. If you do not notice anything wrong with the computer and it is working properly, I would forget about it, especially if the Chipset driver I linked to from Acer's own site did not work.

The only other option would be to download the latest ATI VGA drivers which should include the SMBus controller but if you do not notice any problems, I would not do it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds