Boot up problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Munky90, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Munky90

Munky90 Private E-2

I built a computer but it gets stuck where it says "initialising usb controllers"

I haven't installed the OS yet and I've tried disconnecting everything none essential, resetting the cmos and taking out the cmos battery.

I can't go into any of the option/setup screens because when I press the F key associated it doesn't budge an inch.

Please help me

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

F7 Key funtion, what do you mean would yo tell us more About your Specs:

3. Myth

Myth Private E-2

have you tried a bios update there could be a bug on the board that is cured in an update? just an idea :eek:

4. Munky90

Munky90 Private E-2

It says "Press F11 to enter setup", so I pressed F11 and nothing happened.

How do you install a BIOS update, because most of the computer isn't functional.

I have an ASROCK P4V88 with an Intel celeron D 2.4ghz 256mb of panasonic RAM and a Sapphire ATI Radeon 7000 64MB DDR, PCI, DVI, TV Out graphics card.

5. Myth

Myth Private E-2

go on the site of who ever made the board and search for your board bios update it should tell you how to do it but read all the instructions through before starting anything as if you do it wrong you will mess your board up! :eek: but dont worry if you do as instructed youll be fine just make sure you get the right download (is available) :D

6. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

DL latest bios version and besure that it can solve your problem, then extract it to FDD.
    Boot from FDD it will do automatically.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds