Laptop not charging battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by R0mac, Oct 6, 2008.

1. R0mac

R0mac Private E-2

I have a Dell Latitude D600 that works fine with only the AC Adapter. It will not charge the battery and the charging LEDs flash 4 times orange and then once green.
    In the power manager it has a red X over the battery symbol and stays at 0%. In the BIOS power manage it says battery status is "idle".
    So the first thing I did was replace the the battery with a brand new identical battery.....I get the same thing.
    After reading DELL forums and bulletins, it was recommended that I replace the DC jack on the MB...I did, I get the same thing.

Also, when booting I get "The AC Power Adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance."
    So I try a known working/identical AC adapter.....same thing.

What's next?? Bad MB? Maybe?
    Any and all replies are appreciated.
    Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try re-seating the power cable the other way.....if this doesn't work, you may have to contact dell as it could be a MB issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds