Ad-Watch

Discussion in 'Software' started by acecase, Jun 24, 2005.

1. acecase

acecase Private E-2

hey guys i run ad-aware se pro and ad-watch to monitor my Registry on xp sp2.

the other day i upgraded to a higher build and today i checked a box that said automatic. which on the old version just blocked pop ups etc. well ...

this one decided to go through and the only thing i can think of is its deleted all programs etc from my registry. all shportcuts are gone all files are unrecognised etc. system restore wont work etc etc.

any ideas im screwin over here

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

This looks like a job...

for Malware Man. (You might want the Malware forum)

What does work?

What happens if you boot in safe mode?

If you can get in, try unchecking what you checked or uninstalling what you just installed.

3. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

G'day. Just thought I'd check in and see how you went with that problem.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

GCWesq you are posting to a thread from 2005 in which the poster has never returned in almost 4 years. I expect you will not get a reply!

5. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

:-o

Thanks Plodr. Don't know how I got onto that. :confused

Don't tell KingSteve - he's waiting for me to embarrass myself so he can have a go at me!!! :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds