msn in ubuntu

Discussion in 'Software' started by juku, Apr 27, 2007.

1. juku

juku Private E-2

I would like to know if there was any program that worked in ubuntu linux that was as similar to live messenger as possible. doesnt any of the msn-s work in ubuntu? I am using gaim at the moment, but I would like to use something that was more similar to messenger.

Thank you:)

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

Probably gonna be limited with linux as far as what you can and can't run. Right now, that means no msn messenger only gaim. Maybe you could find a skin for gaim that looks like msn messenger. sorry.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

If running kde you can use kopete, running any interface with a web browser you can use meebo.com. Theres a ton of different messengers for linux, but i can't think of any off the top of my head. Also just found one called amsn which you can install thats supposed to be nice.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  4. juku

juku Private E-2

Thank you for the answers, thats really useful;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds