too fast (Google Fiber)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by homer78, Jul 29, 2015.

1. homer78

homer78 Private First Class

I got google fiber
    I use only the wireless,
    I dont get the 1000 mbps they say
    but hardwired about850.
    wirless about 50

so not bad
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Nice. It doesn't look like they are coming around me: https://fiber.google.com/newcities/

I'm good with my Verizon Fios, though, so don't feel the need to give google anymore money anyway.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I know in the Butler PA area they keep improving there networks.Last year it was only 10Mb/s

[​IMG]

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

GOGO Google!
    I finally got a third option with Tekify. We only had ATT and Comcast before which were identical in their speed and pricing. Tekify is a bit cheaper and a little faster. Hopefully Google will expand and ISP's will upgrade their equipment like the rest of the world.

5. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

I pay $15 for 3mbps down and 1mbps up (about 3.5 and 1.2 realistically)...Time Warner, the only option in my are, oh well. On the flip side, homer78, that ping time of 2ms is to die for. My ping time is more along the lines of 25-30ms, and it is horrendous for any kind of online gaming.

Currently in San Antonio, and I've heard that Google is looking to make Austin one of their next Fiber towns, so hopefully that happens soon and puts the pressure on San Antonio to accept Fiber as well.

6. homer78

homer78 Private First Class

I thought Netflix would be similar to using a DVR, just that fast.
    it's not, but it is really close
    one nice thing about GF, is when the tech didnt show up on wednesday to install, I contacted them and he came the next day and took $50 off my 1st months price.
    So $70/month is more than 2x what I paid for with ATT, but it is >5x faster
    and when I say 5x faster, I mean ATT hardline vs Google fiber wifi
    I use wifi on my computer since I dont like my computer plugged into the internet constantly(remember the webcame blackmailing?) so I unplug my wif-usb adapter when I get offline.
    Initially I was hardined into the GOOGLE FIBER, it was a litle bit faster
    since I don game online, i dont really notice a difference
    but I dont want to mislead you guys
    These are the results from being plugged into GF, the results in t he 1st post are just wifi
    WIFI
    [​IMG]

HARDWIRED

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds