Dell Desktop GX 620 Boot Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wilsm79, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Wilsm79

Wilsm79 Private E-2

My computer won't boot. Here are the symptoms:

1) the boot goes thru the 1,2, and 3 lights for booting. But it doesn't make it to the 4 light.
    2) and underline cursor continuously in the left hand corner of the monitor display

Are we talking motherboard here?

Thanks for the help guys.

Scott

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Wilsm79

Wilsm79 Private E-2

I believe the diagnostic lights are in front. The 1, 2, and 3 lights light up, but not the fourth. Does that help at all? Thanks

4. Wilsm79

Wilsm79 Private E-2

Sorry, the link you provided was helpful. I just moved, so a cable might have gotten disconnect during. Would you say if all the cables are attached and copasetic, are we talking about a failure that's unrecoverable?

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If 1, 2 and 3 are green and light 4 is off, the diagnosis is this
    Have you opened the computer and made sure everything is securely attached?
    Apparently you get no message on your screen just an underline that blinks. Is that correct?

6. Wilsm79

Wilsm79 Private E-2

Yes, opened comp and the connections and they seem wired good. Yes, no message showing up on screen. I'm thinking of replacing it with a Dell 580. If I do, is it fairly easy for the retailer to transfer my existing to the new comp? I know Macs are easy to do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds