Vista Activation Period

Discussion in 'Software' started by insamaic, Jun 10, 2006.

1. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Hey,

I just installed Windows Vista Build: 5384 that I got from Microsoft.

When I first started up it says I have 14 Days Left until I have to activate.

Does Vista only have a trial period of 14 days or can you activate it somehow to try it for longer?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No you have 14 days to activate similar to XP, once activated you can then use Vista off hand for the next 6mths.

Actvation is very quick and painless.

3. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Can you lengthen the 6 Months?

4. insamaic

insamaic Guest

And also is there any MSN for it?

5. DavidGP

No as that would remove the need to actually buy the finished product, before 6 months their will be many newer updates as in RC1, RC2 etc this is a test sample.

yes MSN Live Messenger beta works with it.
    http://ideas.live.com/

6. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Ok, cool.

When I download these RC1 and RC2, do I have to download the full 3.2GB+ file or can I download an upgrade file that's smaller?

7. DavidGP

If eligable for these RC1 and RC2 updates then you will have to download the full OS in maybe 3.2gb+ again, their are no update service packs for Vista at present as its not a finalised product.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds