hello everyone

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mema, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mema

mema Private E-2

Well just call me mema, I need some help and thought I would try here. I know nothing about these things but will do my best not to look like to much of an idiot. First I love my putter but I'm not computer literate I mainly use it to play games and keep in touch with family and friends. Long story short I was having alot of trouble with the putter, Oh by the way It is a Gateway E-2000, windows xp home edition. Anyway back to long story short , a friend of mine did a reinstall for me however now I have no sound ,people keep telling me it the drivers ok that tells me nothing , I stumbled across touchstone and did a driver agent scan, results Bad Drivers:46% Good Drivers:54%. It has a red x by the bad ones. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I have looked for updates and have found nothing , but as I said I'm not computer literate. Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi mema and welcome to MajorGeeks,
    Here's a link to Gateway support - http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp#
    You can go there and put the serial # of your system in and go to the original configuration of your comp. There should be a section on sound cards where you can download the drivers and install to get you back up again. If you have any problems, post back.
    HTH:)

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. mema

mema Private E-2

Re: hello everyone more info

:) well I followed your instructions but I still have no sound. question, when I go into control panel, sound and audio devices, under volume it says, no audio devices, and you can not move the arrows. is this normal?
    Also when I go to device manager, Under System devices everything listed below says no drivers are installed for this device.
    system speakers
    direct memory access controller
    Intel (R)82801DB/DBM SMBuscontroller-24c3
    Intel(r)82802 firmware hub device
    Mother Board resources properties
    numeric data processor
    programmable interrupt controller system board

Is this normal? or do I need these drivers? Thanks so much for your help

5. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Well that's not good. Here's a link to Gateway support that gives an overview of their drivers and how to identify, download and install. Read through those procedures and info and see if that gets you on track for getting your drivers.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/help/index.shtml
    If you still have problems, post back in the Drivers or Hardware forum.

6. mema

mema Private E-2

Well thanks for the help,:eek: call me stupid but I can't make heads or tails of any of the downloads at the gateway site. Why can't someone make easy for us dummies with out wanting to charge you. Thanks again so much for your help it is greatly appreciated. mema:eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds