Trojan:Win32/Tuscrape.A

Discussion in 'Software' started by outdoorgal, Aug 3, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

I've removed this once again using my MS Security Essentials anti-virus program but I've noticed this trojan is on everytime I run my anti virus and it has to remove it again.

Is there some way I can find out how it is getting back on my computer? Find out which program I am using, or site I am getting on that is "sneaking" it back on my laptop?

Any help appreciated, denise

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi Denise

The most likely thing that is happening is your MS Security is not fully cleaning it from your computer. The problem with most malware now days is it requires some manual removal. It'll leave some pieces places that just reinstalls itself.

My suggestion would be that you should head to our malware forum and follow our Malware removal guide: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

You can then post your logs for the malware experts to look at and they will make sure all traces our removed.

3. outdoorgal

Thanks Laura! I appreciate that and didn't think about that possibility, I'm thinking you are right on. So I will follow your instructions and give'er a go! Thank again;) denise

4. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Here's a link to MS site page concerning that particular piece of malware and what to do.

And another page with suggestions for dealing with those threats that just keep popping back up after you clean them.

5. outdoorgal

Thank you Rusty, I'll read this one as well. I haven't started doing anything with this yet, but have started reading the info;) denise

6. outdoorgal

Ok Rusty, I did/have been, removing the virus with MS Essentials but it keeps coming back. I did find that first link this a.m., then I came over to MG because I didn't find a perm fix for it, remove all the files from the trojan;) I'll take a look at your other link as well now though:) denise

Yes, that is the problem I am having, MSE does remove it fine. But it is either leaving some files behind that are causing the virus to reinstall, or, I am using a site, or piece of software that is causing it to show up again. I'll go through the plan Laura sent me and see if that clears it up. I do appreciate your info though, and I do think MSE is a good anti-virus, it's just that it seems like we get the upper-hand deleting viruses, then the "bad guys" update their virus, and we have to figure out what to use next.

Seems to me if I can first make sure my computer is completely cleaned up from the virus, then it hopefully, won't keep showing up. If that doesn't work though, I'll have to try something else;) denise

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Sounds like a good plan. ;)

8. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Hi Denise. I wasn't clear from your last post whether you got rid of the malware or are still plagued by it. If the latter is true then you'd be well served to follow LauraR's and Kestrel13!'s advise to carry out the steps laid out in this forums malware removal guide. Again, I'm not sure from your posts whether you've already done that, so pardon me if you have.

9. outdoorgal

Sorry Rusty,

I believe parts of the Trojan are still left behind even after my MSE shows it has it in the list to be deleted/quaranteened. Yes I did delete it, again, but I need to find why it is still showing up "again" when I run my antivirus again.

Hope that makes more sense, thanks again;) Denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds