10 gig on-line storage half price sale, May only

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, May 27, 2007.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Time is fast running out. ;):D:)

Lots of on-line storage options, including 2 gigs free for personal use at www.diino.com

NOTE 2 x i's in diino, otherwise you go somewhwre else. :cry Bazza

2. bigbazza

Bump. No-one interested?
    Only a couple of days to go, for half price offer.
    2 gigs free, as well.:cool
    Bazza

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

I use xdrive.

5 gigs free with no limitations on uploads.
    Alot of the free storage sites will only allow something like 10 mb of space to be used a month with the free status.

4. bigbazza

Thanks for mentioning xdrive. ;)
    I have just done a google search and it turned up lots of links to xdrive.
    Also one mention, down the right hand side, of 25 GIGS free at mediamax.com
    Haven't checked it out, for gotcha's.:D

25 GB Free Online Storage
    Get 25 GBs Free Online Storage.
    No Credit Card - Free For Life.
    www.mediamax.com

Google link for lots of on-line storage at
    http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

Bazza

===

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

I know people here say dont depend on McAfee Site Advisor, but I just thought Id say that site is flagged as Yellow. So it may be a little dodgy? Or it may not! :D

6. bigbazza

Thanks for the warning, Wayne.:cool Bazza

===

7. Dublin PC Services

Dublin PC Services Private E-2

After I take a ghost image of a clients drive, I usually burn to DVD.
    Do these online sites purge accounts if not accessed within a time period, i.e. 12 months or less?

8. evilfantasy

They have a free program called xdrive desktop where you can schedule back up times. I have not seen anything on frequency of use. Here is the read from the download page.

Speed up your day by taking advantage of our free Power Tool downloads. Xdrive goes beyond the Web to give you the tools you need, so you can more efficiently complete the tasks you do the most.

Download our free desktop software and integrate Xdrive seamlessly with your computer — just like an external hard drive! Drag and drop files and entire folders directly into your account or schedule backups to happen automatically. Use our new AutoCopy feature to synchronize your music and photo files.

Xdrive Desktop Software
    Download Xdrive Desktop and integrate Xdrive seamlessly with your computer — just like an external hard drive! Drag and drop files and entire folders directly into your account.

New Desktop Software v5.1 for Windows 2000/NT4/XP/Vista has the features you need:

Easy to use Backup Smart Pick Options
    Schedule multiple automated backups
    Access Xdrive through Windows Explorer
    Manage and share folders and files
    Drag and drop folders and files
    Open and save files directly from applications
    In-product help and user-friendly wizards
    Enhanced look and feel with the option of interchangeable skins
    Build-in Restore Functionality

Also I should say that signing up is actually free. The only e-mail I had to accept was the confirmation. No spam or free offers to commit to.

9. evilfantasy

OK, found it. They may cancell or purge any account not accessed within 1 year. Bummer........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds