Post-9x.xx forceware resolution problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by UBXMaster, Aug 27, 2009.

1. UBXMaster

UBXMaster Private E-2

The main problem with this is that when I had my old computer, with a WinXP and nVidia GeForce 5200, I could set screen resolutions for games below 640x480, this was specially good for Doom source ports which played at 640x400, or old games at 512x384, 400x300, etc. but now with Windows Vista and GeForce 7050 I can't. Also, those old games no longer work since there's no way to change their screen resolutions,

I wonder, is there any kind of software that, for example, adds black borders or stuff like that to adapt those resolutions to the minimum supported by the graphics card or adapt custom aspect ratios?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly as cards get more powerful as the games do the older favorite games are left out, so in some cases you may not get them to work right, but try the two options I can think off off-hand

1. Right click the games shourcut and choose Properties and click the Compatability tab, then under Settings click Run in 640x480 Screen Resolution

2. Right click the games shortcut and choose Properties > Shortcult tab and in the Start In box add this to the end of the games path -windowed -height 480 -width 640 (note spaces) and if this works to run the game in windowed mode you maybe able to adjust the resolution figures to what you want.

3. UBXMaster

UBXMaster Private E-2

Well, it seems I just fixed it by updating the drivers. Thanks for your help anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds