Explain this one!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Oldphil, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

2. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

three out four of your links don't work....hard to make your point...wobbles

3. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Kent Hovind is a joke,he doesn't have a real degree,has no scientific background has been convicted of fraud.

I'm not sure how the first link proves or disproves global warming or climate change though,it seems directed towards proving Christian literalistic views that the earth is only a few thousand years old which is a theory I regard in the same light as the faked moon landing or 9/11 conspiracies.

There is something wrong with the data collected as proposed by the other links,it cannot be used for dating like other core samples due to its location and the none proportionality of the depth.

http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/WWII_airplanes_are_now_beneath_thousands_of_annual_ice_layers

Evolution,young earth theory and global warming all rolled into one neat thread,it's like a belief combo sandwich.:-D I'm out...

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. I read this earlier and wasn't quite getting the correlation.

It would probably be helpful in a thread like this to state what you are arguing or trying to prove with the links as references.

6. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I don't think anyone really denies the reality of "climate change" per se . . . in my observation what is debated is how much the industrial age contributes to said changes and to what degree mankind can do anything about it, overall.

Think about it - we came out of the last ice age something like 20,000 years ago . . . and I don't think our distant ancestors had a lot to do with it. Geologic records show a pattern of warming and cooling has been occurring on earth for eons.

When I was a teenager, global cooling was the scientific doom de jour. We were all going to freeze and/or get crushed under mountains of ice if we didn’t stop doing what we were doing. Well, we didn’t stop doing what we were doing, and the “Man Made Ice Apocalypse” didn’t happen. Oops. (I think some of the graybeards amongst the global warming pundits remembered this fact, which is why they now call it "climate change" LOL)

Cut to now! If we don’t stop doing what we are doing, then we are going to warm the planet to the point of catastrophe! Perhaps I’m cynical . . . but really? The brains concerned with this type of thing are, by no means, agreed on the claim mankind’s activities are causing the mean temperature of the planet to rise (no matter what the pundits say). Case in point; the leaked e-mails where they talked about hiding test results and data that did not support the global warming scenario. rolleyes These would be the test results and data that scientists are supposed to use to prove or disprove a theory . . . again, maybe I’m a hopeless cynic, but that makes me even more suspicious.

At any rate, this is a debate that isn’t going to be solved here, nor is that my intention. I am far more concerned about the chemicals and substances mankind has created that did not and could not exist in nature, and what the long-term effects on the planets eco-system might be. This worries me far more then the amount of Co2 in cow farts. The planet has been dealing with Co2 long before we came on the scene.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds