dvd writing program

Discussion in 'Software' started by art2d2, Jul 19, 2007.

1. art2d2

art2d2 Private E-2

Alright, i'm trying to find a good dvd writing program so i can help my friend burn these dvd's he made for his high school graduation. But he got some program from his teacher, and i don't know what to use. Any suggestions?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What OS?

3. art2d2

art2d2 Private E-2

windows xp home edition

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

What exactly are you trying to do? Just burn some data or pics to DVD discs? Are you trying to burn movies to play on a home DVD player? The program you'd use really depends on the task you're trying to accomplish. As posted above, Deep Burner works great for data and pictures for PC use, but it won't do movies for DVD Players. For freeware, use DVD Flick to convert video files (like AVI's or MPEG's) to DVD format and burn 'em for playback in your home player. If the files are already in DVD format, you can use Nero (it's free with most DVD burners) or Final Burner (free from MajorGeeks) or ImgBurn if you have an .ISO image file of whatever you're burning. If you need any more help, just post, and we'll try to help ;)

hd2k

6. art2d2

art2d2 Private E-2

i'm trying to burn movies to play in a home dvd player

7. art2d2

art2d2 Private E-2

o by the way i tried final burner, but i had a question. i converted everything in dvd flick. but i got two separate files one audio and one video. and i didn't see an audio section in final burner, so i just converted everything in final burner, which took forever dvd flick was a lot quicker. but any ideas with the dvd flick, did i do something wrong or does it always come out in two separate files?

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It will always come out as AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and the audio folder is almost always empty. You have to burn both folders or your home player may not play the DVD correctly. DVDFlick has burning built-in using ImgBurn. Use it! I use DVDFlick alot and I start the conversion, turn off the monitor and in 90 minutes or so I have a watchable DVD on the home player. You can also use Nero Express; select the DVD Video files option, browse to and select AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, select a lower burn speed (for best results) and click Burn.
    That's it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds