network card(s) not connecting to internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Modtechs, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Modtechs

Modtechs Private E-2

Have installed several networks and finally found one the stumps me.
    P4 1.8GHz computer, on an Intel motherboard (D845EBT) Has on board LAN. Previously had a DLink wirelss PCI adaptor (DI-514). The customer had this computer, along with another hard wired to a Linksys WRT54G wirelss router.
    He needed me to set up the network and make sure that all computers were connected to the internet.
    I know that I uninstalled an expired Panda antivirus from his wifes computer, then an almost expired version from his. This is when I think everything went down hill. I have not been able to connect to the internet since. I have attempted to uninstall the on board LAN and reboot, to find the same issue. I tried using the wireless card, same thing. It will transmit packets, but not receive them. I can connect to the network but not access anything.
    I have sync'd the modem and router several times and finally decided I needed to bring it home to tear into it. Having the same router, etc, I tested it here and nothing still. I have tried direct connection to the modem and nothing. I have installed 3 different PCI NIC's and ditto. I attempted to remove and install the TCP/IP protocols and still nothing.
    If it is the Panda antivirus program that caused this, which I thought I saw something about a missing LSP causing some failed internet connection, and had some kind of Panda name attached to it (dummy me didn't capture it) then I will scream. I have used Panda software before with no issues.
    I know the routers are set up correctly, as I have 7 computers connected to mine, wired and wireless, while my customers is set up correctly, as is his neighbors, who is a customer of mine.
    I know I am missing one simple piece of software or something that will get this fired up again. I have been at it for oever 12 hours now and need a beer.
    I am hoping that some one with excellent networking knowledge can give me that one missing link that I need to get this working again.

Thank you in advanced.

2. Modtechs

Modtechs Private E-2

Great news!!! I figured it out and it is fixed now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds