Firmware Not Ready Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by SacredOneBeats, Sep 6, 2008.

1. SacredOneBeats

SacredOneBeats Private E-2

Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 63-0100-009999-00101111-082506-P4M890$A725500D_BIOS DATE: 08/25/06 14:17:51 VER: A7255VMS V1.0
    Motherboard Name Unknown

Okay, this is what happened. I run Windows XP Pro SP2. I use my computer mainly for music. I run a ton of programs, such as Fruity Loops, Recycle, Reason, Pro Tools, Cubase, and Ableton Live. When I installed Pro Tools, it said to optimize it, configure my startup programs. So I disabled all of my startup programs inside the msconfig and restarted it. When I restarted it, I got this beeping noise and a message: "Firmware not ready ERROR, try restarting". I tried restarting, nothing happened. I tried going into my disk management to find it myself and that didn't work. I changed back the msconfig settings to have all of my startup programs to boot up. Now that's is where I'm at now. My computer still loads up, but I can't see or access any of the other hard drives. I have a total of 4 hard drives, one is the system one. I can still boot up and do everything, but I can't see the system hard drive either when I go to My Computer but I can still access that particular drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I do music and if I were to lose anything, I'll go crazy.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Have you tried a system restore to a time/date right before you made the changes that caused the error? You can also try disconnecting all the drives, and restarting and connecting each drive one at a time, shutting down and unplugging the power cord between each drive connection....

3. SacredOneBeats

SacredOneBeats Private E-2

ok, i tried the system restore, that didn't work. As I was doing the system restore, got a message saying, that there will be no changes to the 3 hard drives, because they were either removed or not available. So I'm gonna have to try the the other method.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds