Dreaded Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by stuffeditup, Sep 10, 2008.

1. stuffeditup

stuffeditup Private E-2

A friend of mine had been running RegCure and on the last reboot has gone to the dreaded blue screen. (Just save me from this pain in the butt program, I've had nothing but problem sent to me because of RegCure)

Anyway I have STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x862F78E8, 0xC0000102,0x00000000)

So is this the MBR, software or something else??

Its a Toshiba Tecra A2, Scandisk Chkdsk etc are clear

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. stuffeditup

stuffeditup Private E-2

I would do that if I could but Windows is not starting at all, Just the first load screen then the error

there is another part to this the Intel boot when it starts Initialises then

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable then
    PXE-M0F: Exiting boot agent

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Check hard drive is connected, reseat. Could be BIOS setting, but probably not from your description. Use a boot floppy or CD, http://www.bootdisk.com/. Use windows installation/recovery cd to repair. I would try a Linux Live CD firstly to see if it can access the drive.

4. stuffeditup

stuffeditup Private E-2

Well all fixed, anyone else who has beeen playing with their registry and gets this screen (NTFS) I ran NTFS4DOS (freeware) changing the ram to match the other computer. Then ran the disk on the laptop with the problem and ran chkdsk /r. This repaired the registry and we are back on track.

Thanks for your help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds