Windows - Delayed write failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by supersimha, Jun 27, 2009.

1. supersimha

supersimha Private E-2

Hello all first of all. I am a new member to this community. I have a 500 gb seagate hard disk in which if I tried viewing movie( that is already present), gives an windows delayed write failed after few minutes of movie. What might be the reason. Earlier I have used another 500 gb hard disk for hours together viewing movies and listening to music, but never had this problem occured.
    Now I am in confusion if its a hard disk issue or a virus. Just for information my current system configuration is
    Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1 gb RAM
    80 GB hard disk. Can somebody please help me with this issue.rolleyes

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Try a different USB cable between the computer and the external hd with the problem.

3. supersimha

supersimha Private E-2

Have tried it. Doesnt seem like the USB issue. Any other help?

4. plodr

To test which it might be, take the external to another computer and try it. If you only have one computer, ask a friend if you can test your external hd on his/her computer. If it acts exactly the same, I suspect it is a problem with the external hd. If it seems okay, you've now discovered there is a problem with your computer.

5. supersimha

supersimha Private E-2

Extremely sorry for not agreeing to the wire issue. Actually I tried with different wire then, but the problem was with the USB extension. Sorry once again and thanks for helping me

6. plodr

That's okay. Thanks for letting us know it is fixed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds