Hi all

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Mark2spark, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Mark2spark

Mark2spark Private E-2

Hi all,
    I thought i'd previously registered but obviously not. I've used the odd prog from time to time to help clean up registry and stuff, great stuff guys :clap so thought I'd say hello :wave

Have logged on as i'm looking for something where I can download tunes off of itunes.
    Any pointers?
    Cheers,
    Mark

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum

May need to post this question in our Software forum HERE and add a bit more as does not iTunes download music?

Do outline your Windows version and Service Pack, what music software you use and what you are wanting to achieve.

3. Mark2spark

Mark2spark Private E-2

Hi David.
    Well i've found a prog now in the 'multimedia' section on the left box of the main forum, have just d/l it and am about to install it. Unfortunately it also requires a .net installation as well which requires a restart and I don't want to do that just yet.
    I've got an approx 5 yr old tower that runs on Vista, think it's home premium. Not sure one the service pack, seem to remember having issues with sp2 a whle back.
    I had a major crash recently and I'm not sure that my H/D or motherboard is functioning correctly. A restart went into system recovery and when I finally figured out how to restart things, all of my system restore points were gone. I've got the latest smart defrag things and iol malware installed and running so it's all a bit of a mystery.

Although itunes does indeed have a store for music, there's a charge ;)
    and the sort of music i'm looking for isn't there anyway, it's slightly obscure Country music.
    Cheers,
    Mark

4. DavidGP

Hi Mark

.NET is ok but whats the app you are downloading?

Service Pack can be found easily HERE

Sadly for music there is a charge these days and nothing is ever free, you could try the Xbox Music Store as its larger than iTunes and may have what you want and for a reasonable fee you can download as much DRM enabled tracks as you want per year.

If its too obscure for the major players in music such as iTunes, Xbox Music, Amazon Music to have then best to contact the artist direct for any downloads of their music.

5. Mark2spark

Mark2spark Private E-2

It's the 'Freemake Video Downloader' app, - freeware. I found it on the multimedia section on the left check box list.
    I've gotta restart now so will be back in a while. Restart can take 5 minutes on this thing lol

6. DavidGP

Hi Mark

Ah ok, that app is a good one I tested it out yesterday for another user in a different thread and question, worked as it said on the tin.

Just need to make sure you do not install the advert paid apps that these freebies come with, its easy to opt out on install. But it works well and quality of sound is good.

7. Mark2spark

Mark2spark Private E-2

Thanks david.
    A friend sent me a link to the particular song I wanted anyway so it ended up a wild goose chase... as often these things do :-D
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. DavidGP

Hi Mark

I know only too well how you can get sidetracked or on a WGC

Did you get the song you where after? curious! and what was artist and song?

9. Mark2spark

Mark2spark Private E-2

Well there was 4 in all that I was after, but the obscure (or just hard to get) one was 'I'm gonna miss you girl' by Michael Martin Murphy.
    The other ones were:
    (There's) no getting over me by Ronnie Milsap
    One night at a time by George Strait
    Till a tear becomes a rose by Keith Whitely featuring Lorrie Morgan

The bottom 3 are easily found on you tube if you want a quick listen.
    They're just chill out Country tunes although the obscure one has a Latin feel to it.
    I'm not an OTT Country music fan - I like anything from Guns and Roses to the Carpenters! :-D but just wanted those tunes to show someone a particular tempo to do a line dance to.

I feel like I might be digging myself a hole if i say much more so i might leave it at that... :dancer:-D:-D:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds