Blue Screen of Death..windows 10.. HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by callmekyle11, Oct 1, 2015.

1. callmekyle11

callmekyle11 Private E-2

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 10 on it. I have not added anything new or done anything differently lately. I turned it on and the blue screen comes up and says " :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." If you'd like to know more about this you can search online for the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Okay I did try searching this..but find only stuff for XP and 7 or 8, also any fixes I find say to either go to a menu (which I can not do) or to insert a disc (which I do not have). After this the screen just comes up black and I can not go to any menus or anything. Please help!!! :cry
    Thanks

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Windows error messages have not changed much including 7 and 8 to 10 so don't discount what you found. That error tells me it's a hard drive issue of some sort. Run chkdsk to see if the drive has errors. Oh, and you had better back it up.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

ditto on MA's advice above and also double check that the HDD has not come loose in the drive bay, should not happen but never know, check BIOS that 1st boot device is HDD, rare that it should change but worth checking.

Try if possible to boot into Safe Mode if you can as I have seen a few Windows 10 machines especially laptops, end up with a driver update for keyboard thats not for the specific machine, for instance my netbook a samsung had a Windows 10 driver update for a Lenovo keyboard that crashed the machine all the time, until rogue driver was uninstalled, may not be your issue, but check.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds