AVG startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick T, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey, I was given a computer to clean up. It's running AVG Free. I ran Ccleaner to clean all the junk files off of it then went to Ccleaners Startup tab and in the list of programs to run at startup are two by avg. They are AVG_UI and AvgUi. Are they both needed to run at startup or is it safe to disable one of them ? Thanks.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I wouldn't mess with antivirus startup BUT you can disable them and see if it runs without having to delete them.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks Major Attitude, it let me disable AvgUi, but the AVG_UI word be enabled everytime I would restart. So I decided to leave them both run. I was just trying to see if it helped his bootup speed. Thanks for your.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

5. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I run Bitdefender Free on my main machines and so far I haven't had any problems. My machines are very responsive. Resource usage is about average to low and runs very quietly in the background. Thanks for the tweaking tip, I'll check it out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds