Trouble with APNG for Opera and Chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I just installed these extensions/plugins, APNG for Opera and APNG for Chrome, but I can't get them to work. I've enabled them on the domain where I want to be able to view animated PNGs, but all I can see is the first still frame every time. Does anyone know anything about this plugin and how I can get it to work?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

While I'm familiar with PNG and MNG, this is the first I've heard of APNG.
    Can you post the web address of the site where you want to view the APNGs?

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Here's the Wikipedia page on APNGs. You should be able to see the example as an animation if you're viewing in Firefox, but if you're viewing the page in Opera or Chrome, it'll just appear as a still image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks.
    I see the animation in Firefox, but I don't use Chrome or Opera. Sorry.

5. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Got it figured out now. Apparently, it's not good to try playing an APNG in Opera or Chrome if you have another animation (or video too, I think) playing in the same or another window. Even with the plugin, neither browser is very good yet at supporting APNGs. Firefox works fine though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds