Bluetooth blues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Earthling, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I find bluetooth so unreliable and unpredictable that I wonder how some can use it at all for such essentials as mouse, keyboard and printer and not have problems. I have Win 8.1 and Win 10 in dual boot on my Lenovo laptop and both are using the latest drivers available at Lenovo. On 8.1 I can receive files on my phone but not send them - sending gets to 100% and then errors. On 10 I can send files but not receive - receive always disconnects. On 8.1 I can stream music from my phone to my laptop but not on 10. And to cap it all the inbuilt Broadcom bluetooth device occasionally simply disappears from both systems entirely and I have to plug in and configure a USB bluetooth adapter to have any bluetooth connectivity at all. And then it will reappear and I have to uninstall the adapter.

I really wonder why I bother with it at all, but is this sort of nonsense the norm, or is it just me and my system? :cry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Could be Win 10 and it could be the Lenovo Broadcom.
    I'm not sure about a bluetooth printer. The range for bluetooth is very small so a mouse and keyboard would work okay.

I use a bluetooth keyboard at times on my Android tablet. I don't have problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds