Acer pop up message

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nexus_, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

I have an Acer desktop i bought a couple of years ago

It is running windows 7 home premium sp1. Today i was cleaning up my computer and removing some programs that came pre installed with the desktop that i never use so i decided to take them off.

One of those was an old adobe flash player ( version 10 i believe) since i never really used that one and i have been running the latest versions for the last couple of years i decided it to just remove the old version still in the desktop.

Well Now after every 1.5 hrs orso i get a pop message from acer saying to update to the latest adobe flash player. I am currently on the latest one.

Any help on how get of this message? Please note this is NOT virus related

I kind of forgot the exact name of the flash player that came installed maybe if i put it back this message will go away in either case its a bit annoying getting this pop up ever since i decided to remove that preinstalled adobe some hours ago .

[​IMG]

2. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

This message still pops up several times a day, every other hour ...

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

4. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

There is no flash player folder left, i have already uninstalled all forms of adobe flash players and installed the newest version and the message still pops up.

The flash player that the computer came with was very old ( from 2011) i never removed it until now when i was cleaning my control panel. Now that i think about it this was a dumb mistake on my part because it was never causing an issue and even though it still had the old flash player in the program list the new one i would always update would be used.

I should have just never messed with this but now i don't know how to get rid of the messages. The only adobe folder i see in my registry is for photoshop so i know if i remove that it will corrupt my photoshop software

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds