Sound of opening door when opening IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by slg92028, Oct 19, 2004.

1. slg92028

slg92028 Private E-2

Has anyone come across the sound of an opening or closing door when starting internet explorer? Any idea what program or spyware. I want to get rid of it.

Thanks for your help.

2. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

It could very well be part of a sound scheme in your sound properties found in the control panel. Have you checked this?

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Ghosts!

Some messaging programs have various sounds when logging in and out, etc.
    Do you auto login in any such programs.

4. I'm Sam

I'm Sam Private E-2

Hi,
    Yep.......I get the door sound, too. I have no idea what it could be. I run and update Ad-Aware and Sypbot often as well as Housecall and they never show a problem. But.....I do have a problem in the sound department. The only way I can get the sound to work at all is to start in safe mode, delete all the items in the sound and multimedia device manager,then reboot in normal mode. The sound devices are detected and the software reinstalled after that but I need to do this everytime I want sound. :rolleyes: That being said I used to hear the door sound a long time before this other problem. I'll be interested to find out what that sound means.
    Sam
    PS. If anyone has any advise about my general sound trouble I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Now that I think about it.
    I had a pc that I installed a old sound blaster audio card in, I believe every window I opened had a door noise.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds