Headset Echo Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guitarplayer1284, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Guitarplayer1284

Guitarplayer1284 Private E-2

Whenever I use my headset for VoIP like MSN, YAHOO, Teamspeak, Ventrilo I get an echo when i speak, I keep hearing myself over and over again and its driving me batty. It doesnt echo when anyone else speaks just whatever comes trough my mic. I am using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, any help would be much appreciated its driving F$#%ING INSANE.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Try using the line in on your soundcard its much better than the mic input,you'll have to setup your voip software and teamspeak to use the line in input,check that line in in volume control isnt muted and also in the creative software controls :)

3. Guitarplayer1284

I gave what you said a shot, I plugged up into the front so i can manually adjust volumes through the line 2 input but still....echo echo echo any ideas?

4. Rikky

I must apologise to you and anyone who reads this you can only use a certain type of pre amplified mic in the line in input that boosts and conditions the signal a standard headset microphone wont work

found this fix

Doubleclick the speaker ("Volume") icon in your system tray:

this brings up your "Play Control":

Select "Mute" for "Microphone" and then select "Options" > "Properties" > "Recording" and make sure microphone is selected in the device list, then hit "OK". This brings up your "Recording Control" dialog and you should make sure "Microphone" is selected:

my initial thought was feedback through the microphone,ie the mic was too sensitive it was picking up your voice from the headphone speakers in which case the turning the mic sensitivity down would cure it or the headset volume or move the mic away from the speaker,my use of teamspeak is limited I cant remember if it plays your own voive through the headphones,I doubt it does

Do you have any other mics setup,I'm wondering if your guitar might be connected to the computer line in and the pickups 'or something" picking up your voice :confused:

5. Guitarplayer1284

Actually I went online onto a different server and talked with other people through my headset...no echo...which leads me to believe that its my friends headset ALSO I can hear anythign he does on the computer from in game sounds to music that he hears...any idea why I can hear what he hears? even if he has the volume low enough so theres no noise pollution coming from the phoens to his mic?

6. Rikky

Ask your friend if he has a mic and is using speakers,they just dont work together,everything from the speakers is picked up from the mic :confused:

Mic and speakers are a HORRID combination :confused:

7. proevofanatik

proevofanatik Private E-2

ive got a problem with my headset too. when ever i play music and speak to someone over voip, they can hear what im listening too. the speakers are off. the music comes through my ear piece but they can hear it clear. its as if my ear piece is acting like a mic. how can i stop this?

8. Rikky

usually your supposed to start your own thread but it should be simple to diagnose,listen to some music ask your friend keep listening then unplug your mic,if the music goes your mic was picking up the sound from your headphones,if it doesnt the problem could be more specific to your hardware and software which you will have to post,dont do it in this thread though as its guitarplayers start your own in this forum :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds