DSL help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nothing, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Nothing

Nothing Private E-2

I doubt that theres anyway to fix this but there might be.
    I have dsl running through a belkin 4 port router all ports are filled. The computer os/s are Win 98,2000pro, and ME now this may seem odd but its true im got faster connection with 56k service than dsl right now im running on dsl at 16kbs max most of the time its more like 5kbs now ive got bandwith monitors a good ping, tcp/icp monitor. Is there anyway to try to speed this up we have wired network and am using cat5.
    The hub is running 2000 pro so any ideas on how to increase my dsl speed thanks

2. Nothing

Nothing Private E-2

no its the exact opposite my 56k modem is faster than dsl, now i dont run constant gauntlets on my dsl system but i test it once every week the issue is this

56K= 49.2KBS Download 4.2KBS
    DSL= 16KBS download .75KBS
    um anything i can do
    so basically that is what im saying i know its confusing hope that will help

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Private E-2

I think he's simply saying that with the belkin router full connected to DSL, his speed tests show slower than a 56k connection.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think what Xflats getting at is...are the same 4 PCs connected to the router with DUN getting better speeds than the same 4 connected to the router with DSL?

or is the PC used on DUN taken out of the network and utilizing DUN separate from the others getting better speeds than DSL?

Are all ther other PCs suffering the same?

What is your DSL max speed or which speed did you order?

One thing to try is the DSL only connected to one machine take the router out and test the speed then.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds