Bonjour

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by maroon79, Oct 30, 2008.

1. maroon79

maroon79 Private E-2

Ok I'm not French... but I wanted to make my first post interesting. Stumbled accross this site following a vundo infection. I guess it's payback for downloading cracked codecs :-o

I'm just trying to read as much info/tutorials as I can before asking a stupid question.

Keep up the good work!

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome to the forums :wave

Go thru all the malware removal steps bit by bit, all the preliminary stuff.... update and run the tools you will need which are available for download in the Read and Run Me First. These tools will scan & generate logs which you will then need to upload into a NEW post in the Malware Removal section, where one of us will review them and get back to you as soon as we possibly can. But any questions or queries you have regarding anything malware related must be asked in the new thread you create.

Hope this helps, and best of luck
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Well Maroon79, I learned along time ago that the ONLY stupid question is one that is not asked!! Okay, enough philosophy for one day....welcome to MG's!!!;)

5. maroon79

maroon79 Private E-2

Yeah... I gave up on philosophy after an extended argument about the land of the blind and one-eyed men.

Thanks for the welcome!

I've posted a thread in the malware removal section here

I realise its a bit like asking how long a peice of string is, and that nobody here gets paid, but whats the average response time to query? It seems to vary quite alot.

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

there are only a few people allowed to respond to a post in that section, and they do seem to handle alot of things at once, so i would just wait patiently, and if you follow all of the directions in the read & run me first post, then it will be even quicker for them to respond

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome

Yes as malware is so prevelent these days, forums dealing in malware removal have become busier, so basic rule of thumb i sdont bump your thread to the top of the forum page as its counterproductive as that is the bottom of the work queue as the malware experts work from oldest thread to newest.

Good lukc in the removals but saying that the guys and girls in malware will have you fixed up and working like new in no time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds