Mouse jumps to top center and clicks

Discussion in 'Software' started by betbrett, Jun 29, 2015.

1. betbrett

betbrett Private E-2

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I did because it seems like there are a lot of knowledable people on here. No one else can give me an answer.

My mouse curser will jump to near the top of the screen (just below the address bar in my browser if it is open) and near the center, maybe just left of center. Then it clicks. You can see what appears to be a shaded circle light up around it briefly when it clicks, much like you see in tutorial videos where they have it set to do a yellow circle ping when the instructor clicks on something. Its not yellow though. I guess its grey.

I have run virus and malware scans, even in safe mode. Nothing,

Even if I remove the wireless USB mouse completely and disable the trackpad, it still does it if you sit and watch it.

I am at my wits end. it has slowly gotten worse over time to now for example it keeps clicking 'calender' at the top of this page, and i have to hit the back button to continue. Thank goodness it keeps my previous text so I dont have to keep starting over.

Any advice appreciated. Im on a HP Envy running Win 8.1

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

So you detach the mouse and disable the trackpad and you still have a mouse cursor moving around? If so, it sounds like there is some remote access software on the computer moving the cursor.

Use this guide to turn off remote desktop connections.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/remote-desktop-connection-windows

3. betbrett

betbrett Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. Ironically, after weeks of doing this it mysteriously stopped on it's own right after I made that post. It hasn't done it since.

I did take your advice though and disable the remote feature.

I guess I will wait and see if it returns or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds