Program won't open but process shows in TM Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by cellbiodoc, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cellbiodoc

cellbiodoc Private E-2

Using Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I use a program called Turbo Lister 2 for selling things on ebay. I use it almost daily, but a couple of days ago I clicked on it and it didn't open. I tried to run as administrator, eventually did an uninstall an reinstall, but still won't open. The weird thing is that it when I click it, it shows up on the processes tab on TM for a couple minutes then disappears again. Everything else seems to be working fine. I ran all of the hard drive and memory tests that come up when I push esc before windows loads and it shows no problems. Anybody have any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

P.S. I am a complete retard when it comes to computers (all I know is how to use one), so please be patient if/when I don't know exactly what you're talking about and I won't feel bad if you talk to me like I'm 5 about this stuff.

2. cellbiodoc

cellbiodoc Private E-2

I tried to do that, but the laptop did not come with any OS discs, and reinstalling Windows did not work when I went through recovery in Windows. In fact, reimaging wasn't even an option (I did a clean reinstall of Windows last year on a new hard drive, and apparently don't have the original retail information on this one).

3. cellbiodoc

cellbiodoc Private E-2

Update: I just complete a full scan with Malware-bytes and it found nothing.

4. cellbiodoc

cellbiodoc Private E-2

FIXED!!!

Long story short, it was one corrupted file specific only to the program. It was remaining on my computer when uninstalling. Finally figured out how to get rid of that file and re-installed and the program works.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds