Help CD burner will read audio CD's but not new CD's???????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbow, Nov 17, 2005.

1. rainbow

rainbow Private E-2

Hi All

We are having CD troubles at the office!!!!!

there are three of us in our office and we have been having difficulty getting new blank CD's to be read in either our drives.

We have tried about 18 different cd's on 3 different computers and none of the CD's will read.

I have tried going into Nero and doing both a quick and a thorough format but the drive still wont read the CD's.

The first ones we tried were the generic staples brand (not really much of a shock that they did not work!!!) but we then bought a new package of the Maxell CD's and still did not work on either computer.

I then tried a burnt CD of my own with music on it and the drive was able to read that ok.

Has anyone else had troubles of this type??? Is there something else besides erasing/formatting new CD's that might get these to work?

If it was just my computer that was not reading them, I think I am having a driver or hardware problem but since it is all of us, I know there is something else that is wrong. Again, I know it is not faulty CD's because we have tried different CD's and differnt brands.

I hope that someone out there might be able to help with this problem.

Many thanks in advance

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Is it not recognizing the blank(shows you a blank window) or is it telling you there is no media in the drive?

3. rainbow

rainbow Private E-2

I realize now, thanks to your post that unless there is something on the cd for the computer to read, it thinks there is no CD in the drive I guess.

I just wanted to say thanks as your post made me stop and think for a bit and realize that if I burnt something on the CD first from Nero, it should work.

It Did !!!! :) . Well first, on the advice of my computer tech, I downloaded the newest version of Nero and then I burnt 1 file on the CD first and now the file can be read by my drive.

I guess never before tried opening a new CD in My computer and did not realize where I was going wrong.

DUH!!! This is how we learn right!

Thanks again! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds