htmlmarg.ocx was unable to register itself

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tenaj, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Tenaj

Tenaj Private E-2

hi newbie here. my name is tenaj! :( I'm sad because I can't get MO97 to install running XP. I get the message at the end of "install htmlmarg.ocx" was unable to register itself in the system registry. Somebody please help.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Hi Tenaj,

Click Start > Run > and type regedit ,browse to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

You should see htmlmarq.ocx and htmlmm.ocx separate keys. Rename them to something else, ie. htmlmarq.tmp and htmlmm.tmp.

You should now be able to install Office 97, including the HTML option, without getting the message.

Steve

3. Tenaj

Tenaj Private E-2

Thanks for the reply Steve. I did that and I got
    (default) Reg_SZ value not set

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go back and check your spelling when you renamed them. Notice the title of your thread you started "htmlmarg.ocx was unable to register itself" you misspelled htmlmarq.ocx. The last letter before .ocx is a Q, not a G.

Would look like this in capitol letters HTMLMARQ.OCX.

Also, make sure you have closed all open programs and if the renaming is successful go ahead and restart the computer.

Steve

5. Tenaj

Tenaj Private E-2

That's the thing. I never saw the files there to rename them. All I got was:

(Default) REG_SZ Value not set

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. My mistake, I was afraid it was a spelling error causing the problem. :)

Doing some checking now, maybe it is htmlmarg.ocx giving the error. Found a few things but no solution.

Steve

7. Tenaj

Tenaj Private E-2

:) Hey Steve. You were right. I was being a dummy. The files were right there in my face at the bottom. I was looking in the window. Thank you so much for your help. I was able to load MO97.

Thanks again.

Tenaj

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Whew!

Thanks for double checking. Good job. :)

Steve

9. Tenaj

Tenaj Private E-2

Thank you. You were very helpful. I've always been afraid to go into the registry and that's probably why I didn't see those files at first but I have a lot more courage now thanks to you.

Tenaj

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Don't get to carried away in there (Registry), you can get in trouble sometimes. Always a good idea to make a backup just in case.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Glad you got it working. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds