Is It true that....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-15281db623, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Comcast will have speeds up to 10Megs? I was in circuit city today, and i heard two people talking, as they walked by. I guess Comcast will have speeds close to, or at 10megs, and will be upgrading all customers for no charge.

If it is true i just might dump my SBC DSL, and go and pay an extra 30 bucks for that great speed. :D :D :D :D

Any one have any more information, or want to offer some input?

Thanks!

:cool:

cooked

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I think Major Issues (resident artist) lives in Alabama and is 2 or 3 megs now with Comcast.

3. finger

finger <a target ="geek" href="http://www.tvtome.com/tvto

I have comcast in N.J. and it's at 3 megs but I have never heard of it going to 10 megs. It would be cool to go up to that speed. :)

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Keep in mind that speed is only cool if you can find servers that can provide that kind of bandwidth to its users.

You can only download as fast as the server will let you.

5. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

They offer 3 megs right now, in our area. From what i have heard they have more then enough power to provide very fast speeds to many people. Our neighboor has Comcast and they download twice as fast as me. My fastest speed with DSL was 1.65 MBS. Not to bad for 26.95 a month, but i would love to download at 10megs. :)

If comcast does get there soon, and can really dish out what they say they can, i might just change over. ;)

:cool:

cooked

6. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Ahh, but you could spread that bandwidth out among many servers to get good use of it. ;)

7. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

Don't feel bad Lugz, I am sure your faster than I am. I think we are just barely hitting 2 and I have the best package they offer. :) Although I am happy we do have high speed now, as before we only had dial up (56K).

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I didn't think about that. ;)

9. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Keep in mind that Comcast is an evil cable company that will claim just about anything to get your $$$ ;)

10. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Just like many others...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds