Nvidia nForce Audio Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by scott_hayes89, Apr 21, 2008.

1. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

would anyone know if there are oldre versions of these drivers .i have version 2.11 it requires to have DirectX 9.0 . dont have enough space now for it. i just want to get the sounds to work.. thanks..

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

All I could find is 4.x drivers. If you don't have space for DX9 I'm surprised the PC runs at all. DX9 is under 70mb in it's full version. If you don'have at least 70mb of free space, I think that sound drivers are the least of your problems. The drivers you have must be really old. If you could provide some more info, we may be able to help with better advice. But you really should run a drive cleaner like CCleaner to clean some junk files from the hard drive and try to free up some space. WinXP needs at least 2-3gb just to function somewhat normally, and I usually recommend that at least 20% of the hard drive be free at all times when running XP or Win2000. If you have ME or an older OS, you can get by with less free space, but if you have under 1gb of free space, you're going to have some serious problems.

3. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

thanks dlb,but ive found a way around the directx 9,i went to the device manager and installed it that way,i was just checking this picking ### hp computer.i found this hard drive that will work with it.till i find another one later.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds