Webcam Driver issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by elliot81, May 2, 2007.

1. elliot81

elliot81 Private E-2

hi my friend gave me this webcam... looks pretty old, and anyway windows xp cant get a driver 4 it, i have no idea what model or make it is, but its got a serial number on the bottom and is sorta shaped like a cat.. lol Any help would be great.

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Your not really giving us a lot to work with here, a google search for 'webcam shaped like cat with a serial number on it' doesn't give me any helpful results. Have you tried googling the serial number ?

3. elliot81

elliot81 Private E-2

Yeah tried that, this help? (see picture)[​IMG]

4. elliot81

elliot81 Private E-2

ok break through, i randomly downloadded a driver and installed it, and it half worked but when the at the end of the 'add new hardware wizard' it said:
    An error occured during the installation of the device
    The class installer has denied to install or upgrade this device.
    And in msn it shows that I have it plugged in but when i click on it:
    Your conversation cannot begin because your camera is currently in use or not plugged in. Make sure your camera is available and try again.

In Devices its called: CMOS-A USB Camera and when i get a driver for that i still get the same error message as above.
    Any Ideas? Elliot

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds