new, arent after Garuntee lvl quality advice...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Vurrath, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Vurrath

Vurrath Private E-2

hi , long story short , i'm a user who doesn't like default, so called "time saving" 'conveniences' and wishes long complicated windows installation option combos to be creating the havoc they used to :-D ,

but currently ,
    need 3 win 7 SP 1 installs' 3rd P installations copied / patched somehow into yet another installation , after a recent secpol setting locked me out of another of em ... so many installations , so little time ... :cry

or , hopefully , a way , manually if need be , ( i can get past the admin password in the CD-run boot-directory restore/options menu thing) of undoing a secpol setting that prevents u from logging in generally , but so far I've found nothing ... :cry ... windows techs.s are near-useless , do nothing but suggest re-installs :mad ,

and even , when u ask them to address LOSING installations if/when u re-install , etc, etc ... miss the point when we ask them? i don't think so ... avoiding the deficiency/sloppy/whatever programming/planning. :guns
    '

there seems to be such a obvious gap missing in restorative / repair guidance in this regard , I've asked questions in the past , and got a kind of hint that they don't tell people how to repair rather than replace , installations anymore , what a surprise ... Guarantee-demanding fools can waste their money for all i care ... I'm happy to pay for something that has user-friendly guides and links :innocent , but when it comes to things like secpol's impact , there's little other than the then-too-late inferential quality-of-managers correspondability or , told-u-so kind of information ... :banghead :mad :guns

i cant remember how many installations of windows i've had to scrap and salvage what i could over the years :tired , and that doesnt cover what one loses of instalaltions ... where is the accountability ? :mad

well that's all well and good cannibalisticly for the over-competitive amongst the managers amongst us LOL ,

whereasEVERYBODY else , just wants a way of undoing a setting in secpol or similar , that locks you out , not some softening-up-the-consumers-info followed by told-u-so kind of demonstrability of professionalism of caution when it comes to modifying secpol and similar !!

average managers , should not be falsely asked to be as professional as pro.s, and yet even when trying to get an answer as to WHAT pros do , all i get is "re-install" yeah right ... rolleyes

we need the ability to at least reset such (the same backups and all) , and ok , if that means only when OFFline , as a precaution , so be it !! im entitled as a purchaser of windows , and im not saying you should be , im just saying the incentive isn't there , and now what do we have? even less accountability , in a FREE version in w11 , and no doubt , even less service of similar needs! if ppl end up forming/writing ways of doing what Microsoft would claim to be doing RESPONSIBLY-with , their patented/registered copyright code , then where the h*** are the corresponding entitlements of the purchasers like me , when it comes to the impact of the un-user friendly nature of its use/how-it-going-to-be ... that's a direct quote of the relevant law/s ... "how its going to be" ... of reasonable amounts of knowledge/time needed to decide upon selections ... without even having many selections , REMOVING defaults, is the only choice you then have , and then things like becoming unable to log on , happen to you when u do !!! :banghead rolleyes :tired

Vurrath , (new user)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

So... what is your question? :confused

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Unfortunately, your post is pretty unreadable. Most people aren't going to read through and try to decipher it. I did fix a bunch of the misspelling to try to make it a little easier to read.

Honestly, I don't know if you have a question or not. If you do, please post in the appropriate forum (ie. Software, etc.). I would suggest forgoing all the emoticons, being more concise and to the point, and using your spell check, though, so people can understand what you are saying.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds