desktop manager software

Discussion in 'Software' started by IROC_DIS, Jul 19, 2004.

1. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Private E-2

well, first. i tried using this program called "tsDesk." i dont know if anyone has heard of it, or used it, but its considered a desktop manager program. basically turns your desktop into an active website. you can add search engines, pictures, small programs like weatherBug, and some other neat little things. anyways, it isnt working properly for me. you have to change something in regedit, then go and change your security settings for internet explorer, and i cant do the last part for some reason.

anyways, just wondering if you could suggest another program of this nature, heck, even just something that could rotate through my 1700 wallpaper size pictures would be nice.

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I would check out the Appearance section here on Major Geeks. They should have a program of that nature. Or something better.

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

first of all...i wouldn't use weatherbug. second of all...if you like to mess around with software, i highly recommend samurize [http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2162]. i discovered last night and I haven't done anything else besides install different scripts and plugins (they have weather scripts that are better than wb). if you want more info, check out this thread: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36400&page=4&pp=20 (from the middle on).

this is what my desktop looks like:

Attached Files:

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Ace, that setup is sweet!

5. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Agreed, but Samurize is a pretty advanced program. I tried it and couldn't understand how to make anything like that at all. :rolleyes:

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its not that advanced. I think most people get scared off because its so tweakable.

I've not had any trouble with it, and I am pretty thick headed.

Check the thread Ace linked to.

There are plenty of tutorials at www.samurize.com

7. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah but i guess its just the fact that im probably one of the laziest guys in the world and its a lot of work to put together a good looking thingy on samurize. and i think i wouldn't have any use for it either lol. i dl'd a sidebar program and i only used it for like 3 weeks and then got rid of it since it wasn't of much use. I guess i just like to stick to the normal stuff, that is probably why my theme is the regular luna that comes with xp and everything else is normal besides that.

8. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Try:
    Litestep
    Windowblinds

Fair warning about Litestep: it's community driven, and has a learning curve similar to Linux.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds