Sound Card/Drivers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flavours, Jul 20, 2005.

1. flavours

flavours Private E-2

Hello again. I have a problem with my speakers (they dont work!) since i have formatted and rebuilt my PC. I am assuming it must be the soundcard or drivers or anything else cos they havent worked since i rebuilt my pc. I am running Win98se.

When i boot up it seems to pick up the sound card but i cannot seem to find the sound card drivers.......anywhere!!

after running an everest report i believe the sound card is "Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - AC'97 Audio Adapter" (does that sound like a sound card?)

anyway, have done numerous searches on the net for the drivers but keep coming to a dead end. have actually thought i found them a few times and installed them but no luck. any help would be great,

thanks.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Intel 82801 I/O ICH is part of the very old 810 chipset. Intel doesn't offer generic drivers for it; you need to get them from the manufacturer. You need to know the make and model of either the PC (if it's a name-brand PC) or the make and model of the motherboard.

3. flavours

flavours Private E-2

Bought the pc in "tiny" about 5 years ago (tiny speakers included). also looking at the everest report i can see that the motherboard is micro-star inc. any ideas? thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds