Laptop battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by borzio, Dec 26, 2005.

1. borzio

borzio Private E-2

Hi. I'd appreciate some advice re a laptop that I have, an Acer Aspire 1310. Somehow we have managed to lose the battery and find that the batteries on the web are too dear for us at present (Xmas and all that!). Is it ok to run the laptop from ac power only, or is that risking damage to the mainboard etc.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

No, you can run okay from AC Power. What happens when the battery is charged, the charging circuit will switch to running on AC without charging the battery. May I also ask, is how do you loose the battery? Let me guess, got tossed into the trash.

3. borzio

borzio Private E-2

Thanks brownizs for the info. Losing the battery was easy: just get two 7 year old's to play a joke on Gramps by hiding the battery (how do they know how to take it out?), then get same 7 year olds to forget where they put it, add flinging Xmas present wrappings, boxes, etc out with the trash and hey presto....great trick, we'll try it every Xmas from now on! thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds