peerblock error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by alex60, May 6, 2012.

1. alex60

alex60 Private E-2

Hello guys. When I try to update the ip list in peerblock I get the message error contacting url. It’s never done this before and I wondered if there was some way I could fix it. I rebooted my router to see if that was the problem but it’s still won’t let me update.I Have peerblock installed on 2 pc’s both connected by Ethernet cable so it’s not a wireless issue. Any advice would be great

cheers:confused

Attached Files:

2. davesel

davesel Private E-2

Same thing is happening with me too. I'm getting an error message that says "List verification failed: 0 elements". Everything was working fine yesterday.....

3. alex60

alex60 Private E-2

been trying to find a solution on the web but don't seem to be having any luck. yes mine was working ok yesterday as well but this morning can't update. somewhere i read that it may be my internet service provider blocking the peerblock site but i'n not certain

4. 2late2run

2late2run Private E-2

same here ...worked fine yesterday

5. davesel

davesel Private E-2

I'm don't think its your ISP blocking the Peerblock site. At least not in my case. I say this because I can still go to peerblock.com. More importantly, Peerblock is not responsible for updating the list, rather the authors of the particular lists are (BlueTack, I-blocklist or TBG). Upon doing some additional research myself it seems the most likely cause of this problem is the authors of the list haven't produced any updates. Apparently this has happened before. So, the only solution I can see is to give it some time...I guess.........

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

The iblocklist website had a DOD attack in March. Maybe this is something similar? Their whole website is having loading problems.

I wouldn't mess with your internet configurations. I'd just use your current list and check for updates again in 24hours.

7. alex60

alex60 Private E-2

thanks sach2. so you think it may just be a temperary issue? has peerblock had problems like this in the past? i'll take your advice and wait a few days to see if it's fixed
    thanks again

8. sach2

I think it is temporary and a problem with their ISP. Purely a guess but I saw a few posts around the net similar to yours and I couldn't get to their main website so the problem looks to be on their end.

I don't do much with torrents these days and so don't run peerblock very often but there have been times in the past where the lists won't update. It usually resolves in a day or two. I just posted so you don't mess up your internet settings trying to fix a problem coming from their provider.

9. alex60

alex60 Private E-2

much appreciated sach2. by the way i also use ipfilter updater via the sourceforge website, can i run both peerblock and ipfilter together or do i need just one of them running? i'm like you i don't use torrents that much but i always like to keep ip protected
    cheers:)

10. Deusk

Deusk Private E-2

The I-Blocklist site has been down all day, including all the lists. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

11. sach2

I've never used ipfilter so can't really say. Just a quick read and there should be no conflict using both.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds