Windows 7 pro 64 bit, CODE 10 in dev mgr for network adapter, sound card and USB

Discussion in 'Software' started by cheeto81, Jul 6, 2010.

1. cheeto81

cheeto81 Private E-2

Windows 7 pro, 64 bit

Asus p5n e sli

creative SB-x-fi extreme music

EVGA 9600GT

So recently, without making any hardward changes, i rebooted my comp, and the internet wasn't working right off the bat...tried the built in troublshooting, and it didn't fix it, but said there was a network adapter issue.

Went into device manager, and noticed that little yellow flag on each of the following with a CODE 10:

Network adapters: Nvidia nforce 10/100/1000 MBPS ethernet

Sound, Video and game controllers: Create SB x-fi (but the high def audo device is OK)

Universal serial bus controllers: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host controller

For each one of these, if i DISABLE, then ENABLE, they all work...the internet starts working right away...I've tried a number of these "fix it", but i can't run the device once without a network connection.

I went to ASUS to get any updated drivers, but they didn't have any. So i went to nvidia and creative to get the drivers...installed them, but that did nothing...

Found this post blaming apple's bonjour service, which i tried disabling, but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

I'm going to move this to the Driver Forum and see if anyone is able to help you in there. Some different people may spot it and have some ideas for you.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

First option in knowing what you have tried already is that malware could be the cause potentially.

So follow this here to make sure its not a malware issue.
    if given the all clear from our malware experts then post back here and we can look at drivers being the issue, and usual suspect is chioset driver so re-install that for your motherboard version/model.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds