Internet Explorer Could Not Open the Search Page

Discussion in 'Software' started by quasismurf, Oct 23, 2003.

1. quasismurf

quasismurf Private E-2

OK, I just clean install of XP after clearing out 98, which previously ran internet on a network. The XP is running ok, but I am recieving this message when I try to connect to a web page: Internet Explorer Could Not Open the Search Page. I can actually connect to my ISP. I did install a modem that my dell modem helper is having trouble with recognizing. Is this just a modem problem? Or is it more serious, as in an XP thing. Any suggestions for connecting to the internet?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Have you run the internet connection wizard? Do that.

Check your networking properties and make sure its set to dialup as default, as it is probably assuming if you have a network card that it is to use that. You could also disable the network device if not using anymore in network properties.

To the extreme, you can take the network card out.

3. quasismurf

quasismurf Private E-2

Additional Info

I am recieving this error message on the bottom of the browser---re: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

I checked to make sure the network is disabled and there is no firewall set up, etc.

Thnaks for the suggestions

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds