"Let windows Manage My Wireless Settings" Being Reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axelbrora, Mar 19, 2011.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

Hi,

My wireless settings are being changed at start up and I am losing all Internet connections until I reselect the check box "Let windows Manage my Wireless Connections".

I think this is third party software, probably from and iPod recently installed, that is causing the problem. I have checked services.msc/wireless zero and the auto start up is already selected.

Anyone know how I can fix this and stop the iPod or whatever from interfering with the settings?

Axel

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

What is the make and model of your PC? if a laptop or netbook then look for some makers Wireless management software say from DELL, Intel, ACER etc as if its installed that could be conflicting with your Windows Wifi Management.

Look in the System Tray for any wifi icons and discount the Windows one, but look for others, also look in add/remove for Wireless Manager apps and uninstall.

I have never noticed my iPod or iPhone or iTunes causing any issue in relation to Wifi yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds